Thursday, June 21, 2007

"Girlz-anita" Weekend

This is the house we rented for girls weekend in Manzanita, Oregon. What a wonderful house! It was only 2 blocks from the ocean and fully stocked. It was decorated perfectly and made you want to come in and kick your flip flops off and stay awhile!
The girls who got to go were my mom Barbara, my sister Annette, my friend since the 3rd grade Sharon, my other friend from jr. high Tiffany and me! We had our scrapbook get-a-way and the beach all combined into one...fabulous!

One beautiful view to the left (top) and another beautiful view to the right (bottom). This is what we saw every day when we walked out to the beach. As you can tell, there are no people in these pictures...there usually wasn't and if you did see people, it was only a few. It was like having our own private beach!!


Sisto Annette

Momma Barbara

Friend Tiffany
Friend Sharon
and Me!
Sharon and I having a moment of joy!
This was our album cover photo. Doesn't it look like we were posing for a album cover? Tiffany brought her tri-pod so we could get some group photos...We had so much fun and I got my exercise setting the pictures up and then running to my spot. I need to find a remote for my camera, that is if they make such a thing!
We arrived at the house on Thursday night and were there until Tuesday morning. Mom and Annette had to leave on Monday night, but we didn't have any fun after they left. We all took turns with meals. Annette, Tiffany and I did a lunch and dinner. Sharon brought the snacks and drinks. Mom Brought breakfast for all of the days. We all had a craft project to teach except for mom who brought 2 sheets of Mississippi cake for us instead.
We would get up in the mornings, no alarm clocks here! We'd eat breakfast do a project, take a brake and walk on the beach or go into town for groceries or shopping on the day that it rained. Have lunch do some more of the same and then it would be time for dinner. We would finish up a project and pop in a movie and relax until the next day and do more of the same!
It was a great weekend and one we hope to repeat on a yearly basis!










No comments: