Tuesday, August 21, 2007

First day of 6th grade!

I am trying to get her pictures done (ya know the ones...the first day of each grade) and she gets a text message from her girl Dally Sue who goes to school in Pendleton and doesn't start until after Labor Day. I can just imagine that conversation. I can NOT believe that my baby has started Junior High School. It just doesn't seem possible. How can time go by sooo quickly?
Just look at her though, she does look the part. She looks about 15 instead of 11. She had to make sure the hair and jewelry were just right. She would of really liked to wear some make-up, but that isn't going to happen yet. I keep telling her how pretty she is without it, and yes I know Mom, that you are sitting there giggling at that comment because you had to tell 2 of us that. And how it's all coming back to haunt me. But it just doesn't seem possible that I'm having to deal with all of that just yet!! Thank goodness that boys are not in the picture yet. I know it's coming soon and that her friends are starting to think they're(boys that is) are cute, but Bobbie still claims they're gross. I'll just hold on to that one for as long as possible!!
So, I'll be at home today wondering what to do with all the quite-ness and not having her with me all the time. Missing her like crazy, hoping that she is loving her 1st day of Jr. high and having fun with all of her friends she hasn't seen all summer. I can't wait to hear how it all went and I'm sure that when she walks through that door and I ask her about her day, I'll get the one word answers of: fine, good, no homework today and pizza (or whatever she had for lunch) and then I'll know that every thing went well and we're back to school as usual.

4 comments:

Misty said...

man, oh' man. she is one BEAUTIFUL girl. Junior High? Yikes, I can't believe that.
What a fun new adventure for her. She looks so confident and happy. What a perfect little life.

Sharyn said...

It does go by so fast. It just seems like yesterday she and David were playing "circus" in your living room. She is so pretty, I'm with you she doesn't need any makeup. LOL :)

Renee' said...

Please tell my little "Queen" in training that she is a true vision of royalty.
Treasure every minute, both of you. THey go by so fast. Miss you guys, lets get together soon.

Ronda said...

...and to think that in a blink of an eye, Landon will be starting 6th grade also...I am having a hard time with him going to kindergarten this year! What a jem she is!