Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


I had somebody jump on my bed this morning, waking me up with...it's time to open your Mother's Day goodies.
Well, who could turn that down??
So, I stumbled out into the kitchen, made myself a latte and curled up on the couch to open the goods. Bobbie was so excited for me to open her carefully wrapped packages and I was instructed to look in every piece of tissue. So I unraveled a cute little travel tote filled with fun spa type goodies. My gift was a "spa day" done at home by Bobbie. I loved it and Bobbie couldn't wait to get started. We headed back into the bathroom, where she had wheeled in her desk chair and plastic mat. She had towels laid out and all the little goodies that I had opened. There was fingernail polish in lots of different colors, a new top coat of clear polish, because we had ran out, finger nail files, fingernail brush, facial masks in all different flavors, lotion & potions and all with the gift of her performing the favors on me! LOVE IT!
We had more fun giggling and laughing at the facial masks, yes she bought extra to do one to herself! We have beautiful fingers and toes and my skin has never felt better! After getting so glamorous we decided to go to the movies. David was sick today, so it was just us girls.
We went to Wal-mart first to stock up on snacks for the movie and then decided to get some Mc Donalds french fries to kill time before the movie started. We went to see "What Happens in Vegas". Yes, I know it's a PG-13 movie, but I'm sure that Bobbie has heard all of the words and sexual comments before. I would like to think she hasn't, but she's in the 6th grade and I know she knows what all that stuff is about and has heard it before. They would say something during the movie and I would cringe and look her direction and of course I got the look of Mooommmm, don't give me the speech!! We both liked the movie and laughed out loud at times, that Ashton Ketcher is a hottie!! Bobbie would be cringing now that I said that about him! So, I guess we're even!! We came home and did the chores together, and she tried to talk me in to going back to town to see another movie. If she didn't have school tomorrow, we just might have!!
We ended up snuggling on the couch watching "The Devil Wears Prada". She let me tickle her face and play with her hair. I couldn't of asked for a better Mother's day. We even set up the tripod so I could get a picture of the 2 of us. That was the only thing she really wasn't all that into today. Maybe because I take so many pictures already?? I am so blessed to have her in my life, and to call her my daughter. I love who she is becoming and I love her happy spirit. She can almost always make me laugh, even when I'm mad at her and I love to just hang out with her.
I hope my Mom feels the same way about me. I love her and am so blessed to have her in my life. I love who she is and hope I make her happy and that she likes to hang out with me as much as I love spending time with her! She has always been the best Mom ever and I am so lucky to also count her as one of my best friends. So Mom, if you're reading this...
Thanks for being such a wonderful, beautiful Mom.
Thanks for all that you have done for me.
Thanks for the fantastic family you have given me.
Thank you for being my friend.
I love you so much.
Happy Mother's Day!!

2 comments:

Angela said...

So great to see you the other day even if it was just for a minute!

Lindsay said...

Great picture of you three!! :)

Have a wonderful, blessed week!