Sunday, September 30, 2007

Washington State Finals

Here she goes around her 2nd barrel at the finals in Oakanogan, Washington. The rodeo started on Friday night, a performance on Saturday and one on Sunday. We had to wait until this evening to figure out where she landed score wise. We got a call from friends and heard that she won the barrels for her age group and placed 3rd in the Steer Daubing.
At one point during the rodeo I went into the rodeo office to get Bobbie's jacket that she had ordered, and saw all of the beautiful buckles sitting on the table. The ladies working let me take pictures of all of them. I was hoping that Bobbie might win one! These buckles are beautiful and Bobbie is very excited to receive hers next weekend at the Junior High rodeo. Way to go Bobbie!!
Bobbie and David sharing a laugh between events. They have so much fun at these rodeos!!
Bobbie ended up 3rd in the Steer Daubing. David was hazing for her, but got out of the gate a little slow. She ended up with a 3.69 second time anyways!! She's excited about winning her buckle for the Barrels, but I think she's even more excited about receiving some money for her 3rd place. We let her keep half of her winnings to spend on what ever she wants and the other half goes into her savings account.

3 comments:

Angela said...

This is so cool!!!
I sware I saw your hubby at Safeway today but then I second guessed myself and didn't want to look like an idiot.

Stacy Armentrout Skinner said...

Way to go Bobby!! Congrats on your rodeo season.

Sue Ellen we need to get together and crop sometime. Miss ya!!

Becky said...

Hey Sue Ellen,
Had a great time at the Echo Saloon with you guys. We gotta do it again sometime soon! Don't remember the ride home...LOL No, I wasn't driving! :) Call me sometime and we'll get together!
Becky